Voice of East African Women is seeking applicants for an immediate full-time Outreach Advocate position in the Farhio House Shelter Program.
Job Title: Outreach Advocate
Immediate Supervisor: Program Director
- Bachelor's Degree in the human services field or three years experience in a human services field.
* MUST have own vehicle and active car insurance
- Demonstrated skills in writing, speaking, interpersonal communication, active listening and teamwork
- Ability to provide empathy
- Competency and experience in crisis management and client case management
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the unique circumstances of underserved populations especially immigrant women and their children and to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Commitment to ending violence against women and children and a commitment to the rights of dignity to all immigrants
- Fluency in languages other than English REQUIRED especially Somali, Swahili, Oromia, Arabic
All Advocacy Responsibilities:
Must have own vehicle and active insurance
- Allow flexibility in scheduling and job function. Must be able to work 1st, 2nd, and overnight and weekend shifts as needed.
- Outreach Advocate Responsibilities:
- Meet with all outreach clients sheltered off-site in hotels due to COVID 19 capacity limits.
- Effectively manage a client load and triage client needs appropriately daily.
- Maintain collaboration and communication with shelter advocates and other Farhio House staff.
- Remain in contact with clients until all goals are achieved.
- Follow the empowerment model of advocacy.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
The Health and safety of our residents and staff is our biggest priority. CDC recommended guidelines for homeless shelters are being followed in Farhio House shelter in order to limit the exposure or spread of COVID-19 to our residents and staff.
For more information and to apply contact email@example.com