Voice of East African Women is seeking applicants for an immediate full-time Front Desk Receptionist position in the Farhio House Shelter Program.
Job Title: Front Desk Receptionist
Immediate Supervisor: Program Director
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Demonstrated skills in writing, speaking, interpersonal communication, active listening and teamwork
- Ability to provide empathy
- Competency and experience in crisis management preferred
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the unique circumstances of underserved populations especially immigrant women and their children and to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Commitment to ending violence against women and children and a commitment to the rights of dignity to all immigrants
- Fluency in languages other than English preferred especially Somali, Swahili, Oromia, Arabic
All Advocacy Responsibilities:
- Allow flexibility in scheduling and job function.
- Front Desk Receptionist Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls
- Assist program staff with clerical needs
- Print documents and maintain a clean and organized front desk space.
- Remind residents to sign in and out as they leave and enter the building.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
The Health and safety of our residents and staff is our biggest priority. CDC recommended guidelines for homeless shelters are being followed in Farhio House shelter in order to limit the exposure or spread of COVID-19 to our residents and staff.
For more info or to apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org