Primary Shelter Position Outcomes
- Ensured shelter services effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization shelter programs.
- Ensures a welcoming and accessible environment for those we serve with seen and unseen disabilities.
- Contribute to shelter programs outcomes and the mission of the agency.
- Review and manage access to shelter and agency services.
- Support basic needs for shelter operations.
- Review and approve advocate schedule and ensure shift management is addressed.
- Provides supervision of shelter staff, interns and volunteers.
- Ensure compliance to shelter licenses and funding requirements.
- Manage and ensure facilitation of house meeting and emergency response protocols.
- Facilitate case consultation and prepare content for program reports.
- Review and manage staff time off and mileage information.
- Coordinate representation at key providers meetings.
- Shelter activities and projects are appropriately planned, scheduled, communicated and implemented to allow the highest level of involvement in and achievement by staff and volunteers for the clients.
- Information is communicated to staff in an appropriate time frame.
- Oversee shelter budget, resources and materials are efficiently managed and shared to serve clients.
- Create and support protocols that support outcome achievement.
- Support adherence to agency compliance issues is maintained.
- Provides on-call consultation within leadership team rotation schedule.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Social Work, Sociology or related field.
- Fluent in Somali and English required. Fluency in additional East African (Swahili, Oromo, Arabic) language preferred.
- Ability to work independently, organize workload and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and serve members of a team.
- Knowledge of dynamics of family violence, sexual exploitation or trauma, and experience working in the field.
- Knowledge of potential barriers facing people of color, low income and immigrants.
- A valid driver’s license, good driving record and reliable transportation.
- Basic working knowledge and expertise is computer systems such as Excel, Microsoft Word and client databases.
Mission & Agency Accountabilities
- The agency’s vision, mission, goals and values are promoted and supported through professionalism, including the applicable code of ethics, as well as stakeholders, employee, and volunteer satisfaction.
- Continued awareness, educational development are achieved by staff in their respective field of service, technological application, and in issues of family violence and cultural diversity in additional to achieving basic competency in their position.
- Lead and participate in system change activities both internal and external, assure agency collection of feedback and data from all stakeholders is utilized and evaluated. Leads
- Shelter Team Advocates, interns and volunteers
- Executive Director
Send cover letter and resume to:
Farhio Khalif, Executive Director
or to: Voice of East African Women, 310 East 38th Street, #205, Minneapolis, MN 55409